Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Brown Bags vs. Plastic Bags

When I was a kid, I remember going to Safeway and A&P grocery store in Hopewell, Mom would order me and my siblings to carry the brown bags filled with groceries to our station wagon. God, it was such a struggle to keep the brown bag from tearing itself out.

Today, the plastic bags replaced the brown bags. You do not see much of brown bags anywhere else in New York unless for delis or so. And during the winter season, the trees became naked without these leaves, especially in New York.

What really annoyed me the most is seeing many plastic bags trapped in these trees. It is hideous. It made me wish that we go back to the brown bags so that we can have some trees without the plastic bags all over the limbs. Ugh.

Any opinion on seeing the plastic bags trapped itself in the limbs of trees?

R-

No comments: