Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hurry, Yellowstone, hurry!!

640,000 years ago, Yellowstone erupted and the rocks landed as far as St. Louis. I visited Yellowstone National Park in the summer of 1997. It was beautiful park. I enjoyed staying at West Yellowstone, Montana and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

It is slated to erupt again. Yellowstone is not a simply place to have a hot bath -- it is a massive, dormant volcano -- even bigger than Mt. Rainier! There are posters and pictures posted by the boardwalk, warning people NOT to step in the boiling geysers because the skins will fall off.

When I drove eastward to Cody from Yellowstone, the drive down the massive mountain was absolutely stunning. I even stopped by the gas station to fill the tank. I turned my back to gaze upon the road that I drove few minutes earlier. I was astonished by its massive size. Yellowstone National Park sits on the top of the mountain. It is a sleeping giant waiting to erupt once again.

And when it does, it shall overwhelm Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Texas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado and the parts of Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas and Minnesota -- the hotbed of Republicans, Conservatives and X-ians. Surely, it will be delicious to witness the death of filthy Republicans, dirty Conservatives and X-ian pigs. Of course, Ann Coulter would still blame the Liberals for causing the dormant volcano to erupt in the first place.

Enjoy the interactive of that website.

R-

No comments: