Saturday, August 13, 2005

8.13.05 Tidbits

Waterfall Discovered: In Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in Northern California just around Mt. Shasta, the park officials discovered the hidden waterfalls which managed to avoid the detection of NPS for 40 years. Nice to know that there are stuff like this out there.

Bitch Session: Guys and gals, from now on, I'll screen the emails. You have to make comments that appears to be funny, satirical and either, offensive and compliment. You just cannot be just offenisve or insulting. You may coax something funny to shoot others down. Don't be malicious. Some readers wanted to read and say, "85! 85! 85!" -- you know in ASL, when you read something surprising or shocking, you say "85" right next to your forehead. Hat tip to Rayni for the use of "85" term.

There Is A Place Called Temple: Yesterday, I went to Temple University in Philadelphia to meet with a certain fellow whom I had not seen in years. It was nice to see PJ once again. Basically, he filled me what I needed to do in order to get my dream up and running.

Temple University is an urban university, just like Southern Cal and Gallaudet -- you know the classic boxed-in campus with a fence between the campus and the urban area. IN fact, Temple is beautiful. The Liacouras Center is beautiful gymnasium. That is where Dawn Staley gets to coach her teams. You can see the picture of Dawn dribbling on my picture list on your right -- the one with VIRGINIA uniform. Dawn Staley is the legendary figure in Virginia and most loved figure in Philadelphia. There is seven-story mural of Dawn Staley on 8th Street and Market Street. I have to go there to get the picture of that.

Suffice to say, there may be new developments with me in time which I do not want to address -- if things go well, I would DIE for a chance to work, study and learn from Dawn!

Married Woman Hits On Me: Last night, I stopped by Frank's Pub for one drink. There was this woman in her late 40s or early 50s, she attempted to talk with me while I was playing a video game. She said that there is a guy stalking her. She wanted me to act like she's my girl. I froze.

Then sure enough, the guy left the bar. I was relieved. AS I was ready to go home, she offered me a ride home. I declined because I knew she wanted something more than that. She asked me to walk down to her car just to make sure that there is no particular man waiting to hit on her. I nodded, because it is the right thing to do. She told me that she's married. O-kay. Sure enough, there was this guy who wanted her, he was waiting for her outside. But nothing happened, I guess, because I was there. Then I bid her good bye. She pulled me against her and kissed me. I was thinking, "This is getting weird."

I pulled off and said good bye. I turned and walked home in a record time. Unbelieveable.

Earth.Google.Com Is Amazing: I heard about it a while ago, then Burke showed it to me. I was impressed. It is difficult to explain how it works. Then for a while, I kinda forgot about it until Cucci from Los Angeles mentioned about it -- I went back to that site and downloaded it so that I can drool at how it works. Trust me, it is amazing. Check it out.

Cheers,

R-

No comments: