Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tidbits for Tuesday the 21st

The Death of Gaydar?: Thanks to Spork, I was directed to this article. I kinda agreed with it. Only in New York, I could not identify which one is gay. But it is easy to identify which one is straight or gay in a small town like Nashville or Richmond. Very interesting stuff. This often made me wonder -- why in the world would the heterosexuals try to copy our styles? It is because we attracted women, not them. They wanted to learn how to do it, so that they can prey on women. Pathetic? And you wonder why the McCock married a cafeteria worker.

Terri Schiavo's Grave Marker: Am I the only one that feels this is silly? Terri's parents were upset that Michael added, "I Kept My Promise" and mentioned that she died twice, kinda.

Finally, Someone Did! Normally, many people vandalized something that they do not like or conform. It is the nature of human response. I was practically raised in Richmond where the city glorified the confederate soldiers, generals and all that crap, especially on Monument Avenue. I told Dad that Monument Avenue is not good for Americans. Dad said I'm too young to respect these folks. I rolled my eyes. Seeing Lee, Stuart, Jackson and Davis Monuments on this particular avenue is pretty sickening.

Dad said they made Richmond as it is today. I smiled with my own thoughts, "Of course it is. A town that never changed since the Civil War -- just like what Bob Daniels said to me."

Then in 1993, someone proposed to set up the monument of Richmond's native, Arthur Ashe, the first African American to win the Wimbledon competition -- hell broke loose. There were many people who lobbied against the idea of Arthur Ashe "descerating" the Monument Avenue. I'm like, "Shut the fuck up!"

Arthur Ashe Monument is there, much to many's chagrin. But not as big as all these so-called noble racists' monuments.

For years, I was waiting for someone to deface the Confdederate statues like the one I saw in Union Station in DC every year on Columbus Day -- someone threw the red paint on the statue every year in October. Absolutely funniest thing to see.

I'm still waiting for someone to do the same on Monument Avenue, but at least someone did in Portsmouth, Virginia.

Raise Your Hand If You Want B.C. Pills? According to this article, we may have birth control pills for ... men! Men, drop your comments whether if you will use the pills? Be honest. As for me, it is not viable option for me.

Until then,

R-

No comments: