Saturday, June 18, 2005

Senator Rick Santorum Is Sick

Last night on New Jersey Transit, I read the New York Times Magazine about Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) and his persistent beliefs that gay marriage is a threat to HIS marriage. Like we wanted him to be gay.

Jesus Christ!

Upon reading the article, it is baffling to know that there is a person who claimed that he is Christian but he never read the Bible! He said, "I've never read the Bible cover to cover; maybe I should -- I'm a Catholic, so I'm not a biblical scholar. I'm not someone who has verses he can pop out. That's not how I interact with the faith."

It was him who converted Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas to Catholicism -- how can he convert someone into catholicism if he does not know a thing about the religion itself?

By itself, it proved that Rick is one big stupid ass.

Rick Santorum once compared gays to "man on dog" acts -- in other words, beastiality. Which is ridiculous to start with. But if you look at what Rick and his wife did with their dead infant, it is much worse than being gay, I think!

What happened after the death is a kind of snapshot of cultural divide. Some would find it discomforting, strange, even ghoulish -- others brave and deeply spiritual. Rick and Karen Santorum would not let the morgue take the corpse of their newborn; they slept that night in the hospital with their lifeless baby between them. The next day, they took him home. "Your siblings could not have been more excited about you!" Karen writes in the book, which takes the form of letters to Gabrile, mostly while he is in utero. "Elizabeth and Johnny held you with so much and tenderness. Elizabeth proudly announced to everyone as she cuddled you, "This is my baby brother, Gabriel; he is an angel.'"


And I find it gross.

R-

No comments: