Saturday, June 04, 2005

Richmond's City Hall

When I was a kid, I always thought this building in Richmond was gorgeous. This 22-stories high building is known as the City Hall of Richmond.

But when I grew up and get to travel all over the nation -- I realized that this building is pretty cheap in comparison with this in Atlanta, this in Los Angeles, this in San Francisco, that in Winston-Salem, that in Miami, that in Seattle, there in Philadelphia, and there in New York.

Anyway, two years ago, the City Hall in Richmond was falling apart. IN fact, the rock as big as a ruler landed on the sidewalk from the building itself. It was time for a massive renovation. And I was stunned to see the new look of City Hall.

Nice but guess what? That won't convince me to go back to Richmond. I spit at thee.

R-

No comments: