Wednesday, January 26, 2005

How To Piss Off NYC Commuters?

When the bomb took place at World Trade Center, people looked at this then moved on. When the planes rammed into the Towers, Manhattan was wounded for the time being. The subway stations (Cortland and Rector) were affected but the rest of the subway system were operational.

You really want to piss NYC folks off? Ask a vagrant.

Last Sunday, the vagrant decided to bring his food cart into the subway (how did he manages to get it in the platform?!) and ignite the cart filled with woods to keep himself warm. Suddenly, the fire became out of control and destroyed the system that regulates the C train.

It affected the express and local train, plus forcing hundreds of thousands commuters to use F, V, B, 1, 2, 3 and 9 trains (I use 1, 2, 3 and 9) -- and now I'm annoyed with heavy crowds and some shoves.

And it will take FIVE years to fully repair the system so that the C train can be restored to its service.

That really pissed me off and a lot of commuters.

A vagrant managed to piss me off more than the terrorists did, which is remarkable. Unbelievable. Now I am not quite fond of heavy crowds because of several reasons but now it looks like I will have to contend with it for the time being.

Last night, I watched the vagrant changing his clothes on the train. About six of us stared in anguish as he stripped himself off to his underwear. His underwear is not something I can really describe. It is so disgusting like McCock's underwear, I'm sure. He then walked around asking for a cigarette. I'm like, "No fucking way."

But someone gave him the cigarette but nobody gave him the lighter or a match. He was annoyed then walked to another car with no shoes and t-shirt, just his shorts, perhaps to hunt for a match to lit his cigarette.

Only in New York, kids, only in NEW YORK!

R-

No comments: