Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Who's Rooting For Baylor Bears?

Category: Sports

Baylor Bears made it! Can you believe this?! A baptist school in Waco, Texas made it to the Final Four! No, I'm not talking about Men's Basketball team -- they are ... pigs.

Coach Kim Mulkey-Robertson did an outstanding job in a short tenure at Baylor, taking Baylor from the bottom of Big 12 Conference into the Nation's Prestigious Final Four in Indianapolis!

Kim Mulkey-Robertson was a 5'3 point guard for Louisiana Tech, I never saw her play but I saw the old tapes. She is fiercely competitive person. When Louisiana Tech's Head Coach Leon Barmore retired, Louisiana Tech wanted Kim Mulkey-Robertson -- but due to some negotiations, Kim went to Baylor.

Last year, her team was robbed by Tennessee Lady Volunteers on bad call with 0.2 second left that enabled UT to hit two free throws to win the game in the Sweet Sixteen appearance.

Now this year, Baylor marched straight to the Final Four and is going to play Louisiana State Tigers. I'm bit torn about it. I want Pokey to win. I want Kim to win. But either of them *must* beat Tennessee in the Finals. It would be sweet to see Baylor playing Tennessee in the National Championship Game and rob Tennessee of its trophy to serve the vengeance for last year's abysmal end.

Virginia Cavaliers had few problems in the past to a point where some players transferred out. Two former UVA players are now in the Final Four -- Chelsea Whitaker, the starting point guard for Baylor Bears and Alisa Wulff for Michigan State. Of course, I'm happy for the players, sad for my team. But Virginia Cavaliers will be back to the national spotlight.

But for now, I'm rooting for Baylor, Michigan State and Louisiana State to win it -- do not allow Tennessee to win at all. I'm so glad that Connecticut bowed out. Next is Tennessee. This weekend should be full of soap opera in Indianapolis.

R-

No comments: