Friday, March 18, 2005

It Is Time To Spin!

About time if you ask me. I can imagine Graystorm doing the spin right now!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The Warner Bros announced that the mastermind behind the popular TV drama, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Josh Whedon has signed with the Warner Bros to produce a movie about Princess Diana of Themyscira, famous known as Wonder Woman.

I admitted that when I was 5 years old living in a dormitory, I was obsessed with Wonder Woman even if it was not captioned. I'd run back to the dorm after school and glued to see Wonder Woman spinning and do the casual run to catch bad guys. I even stole the magazines from the school library and put it up on my bedroom walls. I even baited Mom to buy me a huge poster of Wonder Woman which was stolen after a week -- must be someone in the closet around the dormitory. Wonder Woman was one of two biggest posters in my bedroom -- the other one was Jason Voorhees. Believe it or not.

The idea about Wonder Woman helping Steve Trevor to fight against Hitler was corny, but it worked in 1960s - 70s. But I am hoping that Josh Whedon gets to read George Perez's revamped of Wonder Woman's background which is very fantastic.

I am hoping that Wonder Woman's enemy is not Catwoman or Cheetah. I hope it is Circe, a goddess who converted men into pigs on a reclusive island -- you may know Circe from Homer's Odyssey. George Perez merged the idea of Wonder Woman into greek mythology very well to a point where I liked the comic book series over the TV series.

Lynda Carter is beautiful and icon -- I hope she will make an appearance in the show as well, perhaps as Queen Hippolyte, Diana's mother? Who knows. Anything is possible.

May the Glory of Gaea be with you.

*spinning*

Update: I found the link to the comic book called "War of the Gods" where you can see Wonder Woman confronting her greatest nemesis, Circe. Enjoy!

R-

No comments: