Thursday, October 14, 2004

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Last night, I watched the 3rd debate of President Bush and Senator Kerry as well as flipping over to watch the Yanks-BoSox game. When the moderator asked Bush this particular question, I thought it was a good question.

But when Bush answered, I nearly shot the iced tea out of my nose. Is this what we needed in White House?

Here is the transcript I want to provide what Bush said:

Mr. President, what do you say to someone in this country who has lost his job to someone overseas who‘s being paid a fraction of what that job paid here in the United States?

BUSH: I‘d say, Bob, I‘ve got policies to continue to grow our economy and create the jobs of the 21st century. And here‘s some help for you to go get an education. Here‘s some help for you to go to a community college.

We‘ve expanded trade adjustment assistance. We want to help pay for you to gain the skills necessary to fill the jobs of the 21st century.

The answer by Bush is incredibly insulting and moot, especially towards millions of students who already graduated from colleges & universities. I think any person who has the Ph.D degree will be offended when Bush tells them to go and get an education at a community college!

R-

No comments: