Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Oh, Geez

Today on the subway train en route to downtown for a meeting, Donna and I chit-chatted about different things -- I saw a young, cute man of early 20s sitting with the red "B" on his dark blue cap. I mentioned the series to Donna. Donna rolled her eyes as to say whatever.

I grinned and she asked me why I root for BoSox. I told her that I'm not a fan of professional baseball teams but I want to see how Boston fans reacts when they finally break the Curse. I mean, they caused a riot when they won the Super Bowl. But breaking the curse will incite much far worse than just a riot. Donna grinned.

I kept on looking at this young man who was occasionally looked at me talking.

Then the subway train screeched at a local stop which Donna and I stayed, this guy stood up and walked past me out of the train. He said, "Sorry, excuse me, thanks."

I was stunned. He said it in ASL. Donna gasped. I was perplexed, offended and amused that someone was watching us talking about BoSox.

Damn the people who knew ASL but chose not to say anything and watch us talking. So fuckin' rude but he was so cute. Very doable. Very fuckable. Oh, well. C'est la vie!

R-

No comments: