Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Basement as usual?

Rodney Dangerfield is dead at 82. It is about the time he dropped dead and everyone did not laugh. He is such a legend in his way, filthy mouth with plenty of funny comments. Among his famous lines were: "I was so ugly that when I was born, the doctor slapped my mother." and "Every time I get in an elevator, the operator says the same thing to me: 'Basement?'"

I enjoyed his flicks in Caddyshack and Back to School. In Back to School, where the school registration had a long line, Rodney whispered to his limousine driver who went outside to park his limousine in front of registration area and erected a sign, "Madonna Is Here". The long line emptied so fast. From there, I never forgot the line -- I often walked in bars where it was crowded, I often thought of Rodney's antics, wished that I'd have someone do that now.

Ann Coulter continues to be a dumb broad who harped on her hatred of liberalism. She accused the liberals of protecting the ones who were put in Guatanamo Bay. Ann does not get it. We are civilized nation. We have to treat the prisoners with the same respect as accord per the international laws. I must admit that it was clever of Bush's lawyers to come up with the line: Enemy Combatants. By that, the Bush administration sets them apart from the ordinary prisoners. It is a bad precedent. Perhaps in time, many countries will copy and disregard the international laws -- all because of Bush. It excludes the prisoners' rights to trial or to defend themselves.

Every human being in the world is entitled to have a speedy trial. To throw someone into the brig for years without hearing the verdicts is simply wrong. Is simply immoral. Is simply evil. There is nothing conservative nor liberal about it, you dumbfuck! Rot in hell, Ann. You're just a bitter old hag.

R-

No comments: