Saturday, September 17, 2005

Cease Fire

Guestblogger: McFly

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Oralahies (deaf people who are oral, who think they can speak) except for when they open their mouths. It’s blasphemous. I had an unpleasant experience with an Oralahie recently. I had to schedule an emergency appointment with my therapist. Zero funny.

I was carrying a pleasant conversation with a hearing person. An Oralahie from RIT invited himself in the conversation. At first when he spoke, I thought someone was messing with the volume on the TV nearby because I could actually feel the air vibrate. Def con ten, I kid you not.

After a few minutes, I finally figured out the dude was actually screaming and signing. Why do Oralahies scream and sign? It took me no less than one minute to count all the cavities in his mouth. My hearing friend and I exchanged glances in disbelief. If the air around me was vibrating, my poor hearing friend’s eardrums must have been shattered from this horrible experience. The dude refused to shut up and continued to sign and scream at us despite our stony response. It took every strength in my body from jumping down the dude’s throat…..

FOR THE HOLY LOVE OF GOD, SHUT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUU(uvula shaking)UUUUUUUUUUUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those oral school administrators and teachers who promote oralism, I’d love to lock them up in a room with this dude for 48 hours, 48 hours straight.

No comments: