Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Terrence Stamp

Is Terrence Stamp great actor or what?

I did not connect this actor in several movies until I was munching crabcakes today at dinnertime. Then I just realized that the trannie in the movie called The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is the same one that was featured as General Zod in Superman II.

I quickly checked the imdb.com for his background. Sure enough, Terrence is everywhere, including the one in Star Wars Episode I: Phantom of the Menace.

One of my favorite line in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert occured when Miss Bernadette said to this nice fellow named Bob:
"And may I say it has been an honour to have met a gentleman. Believe me Bob, these days gentleman are an endangered species. Unlike bloody drag queens who just keep breeding like rabbits."

Anyone who could portray a character and in the process, convinced the audience to forget who the actors are, in my book, is genius.

Miss Bernadette Holding Some Turds from Abba Singers


Evidently, Terrence is an outstanding actor.

Cheers,

R-

No comments: