Sunday, July 18, 2004

Few Things To Say

When I cooked ground beef with baked beans last Wednesday, I took small bits of raw beef.  It was a bad habit that my mother always scolded me from the day I could reach the "roof" of stove to snatch the raw beef.  Well, karma came by and gave me painful cramps in my tummy few hours later after the feast. 
 
I thought I had a gallbladder.  Hernia!  Oh, lord, a miscarriage of some sorts?!  But it was a case of food poisoning.  I thought I can handle it at work the next day.  For a half-day, I could handle it.  It became too worse for me to handle.  So off to the apartment I went and languished in my bed.  On Friday evening, it subsided.  Thank God.  Which is why I was unable to write up an entry or two.
 
I absolutely loved The DragonTales of PBS when I'm sick.  It is so positive.  So innocent.  So cute. 
 
Speaking of cuteness, when I walked home last Thursday at 2 PM, I saw three kids (1 boy, 2 girls) about 4 or 5 years old staring at the posters by the wall on Avenue B and East 13th Street in New York, they were staring at a movie named Touch of Pink ... the poster showed a guy smiling as another guy kissed him.  I was stunned.  The kids did not snicker, they were just staring at it while their mothers stood and talked with each other.  I passed by them with a smile on my face.  Such a hope for our future.
 
R-
 
 

No comments: