Tuesday, June 29, 2004

In Search Of BnB Inn

I am in mood to get out of the city in few weeks. I want to stay at a gay-owned Bed and Breakfast Inn in a rural area such as Vermont, New Hampshire or Pennsylvania. I really needed to dip in a pool and a jacuzzi with an empty mind.

Much to my delight, lots of BnB Inns are relatively well-priced.

Only time will tell before I make an announcement.

It is more likely that I will take a couple of hearing friends (What?!) with me and perhaps, one deaf person to a secluded place for the weekend. Not only that, it is my wish that the BnB Inn be in the Appalachian Mountains.

Why? Because my roots are from there. I grew up there in Staunton which is located in Shenandoah Valley of the Appalachian Mountains. My father came from Big Stone Gap, a tiny town in the southwestern part of Virginia just few miles from the state line of Kentucky.

Speaking of Big Stone Gap, check my home page and see the Powell Valley. That is where BSG is located in. And there is a novel called "Big Stone Gap" by Adriana Trigiani who now lives in New York. To understand the depths of my affection for these backward folks, read her novel.

Ahh.

R-

No comments: