Sunday, May 23, 2004

A Question for Hearing Person, Please

I have a question for a hearing person to explain.

I was born Deaf. I never had the ability to hear a sound, nor whine over the loss of sounds. Absolutely nothing. I can feel the vibrations, sometimes it is nice. Sometimes it is fuckin' annoying to a point where I will just slay a drag queen just to shut it up. Blah, blah and blah.

Why is that hearing persons so obsessed with music? Why is that they revolve around sounds that emits out of these machines? Why is that they always feel "bad" for Deaf people that we were devoid of a chance to hear a bird squawking?

Honestly, I think hearing sounds are simply overrated.

But I think it is SAFE to say that Deaf friends and I would like to hear a hearing person come up and defend themselves in my comment forum.

Thank you, hearies.

R-

No comments: