Friday, November 18, 2005

November 9 Is Ominous

I was born on November 9. Growing up, I know this particular date is problematic at times. Especially with the fact that my parents never had a birthday party when I was stuck at VSDB for many years. Naturally, I learned to embrace the negative and turn it into something interesting.

I noticed that many things happened on November 9 throughout the rest of history. Some events that happened on that particular date either changed the world or sent the ripple effect across the planet.

Not only that, I noticed that November 9 seems to be the one that made an impact on the Jewish communities in general.

I am content to say that November 9 is Ominous in comparison with any dates. Unless one gets to prove it, I'm sticking with November 9.

Here are some important tidbits associated with November 9.

1526: Jews are expelled from Pressburg Hungary by Maria of Hapsburg
1720:
Rabbi Yehuda Hasid synagogue set afire
1799: Napoleon
becomes dictator (1st consul) of France

1802: Elijah P Lovejoy, American newspaper publisher/Abolitionist, born
1862: Union General Grant issues orders to bar Jews from serving under him
1865: Confederate General Lee surrendered to Union Gen Grant at Appomattox, VA
1872: Fire destroys nearly 1,000 buildings in Boston
1874: Israel Bak, created 1st hebrew printing press, died
1903: Gregory Pincus, Inventor (birth control pill) , born
1904: 1st airplane flight to last more than 5 minutes
1915: Italian liner Ancona sinks by German torpedoes, killing 272
1918: Kaiser Wilhelm II abdicates after German defeat in WW I
1923:
Beer Hall Putsch-NAZIs fail to overthrow government in Germany
1924: Miriam (Ma) Ferguson
becomes 1st elected woman governor (of Texas)
1927: Giant Panda
discovered in China
1930:
1st nonstop airplane flight from NY to Panama

1934: Carl Sagan, Astronomer/author/professor (Cosmos, Broca's Brain), born
1938: "Kristallnacht" (Crystal Night) - Nazi stormtroopers attacked Jews
1938: Al Capp,
cartoonist of Lil' Abner creates Sadie Hawkins Day

1951: Lou Ferrigno, deaf body builder/actor (Incredible Hulk), born
1952: Chaim Weizmann, 1st President of Israel, died at 57
1953: Abdul-Aziz ibn Sa'ud,
founder of Saudi Arabia, died
1962: My parents wed.
1965: At 5:16 PM, massive power failure in New England & Ontario, darkened NYC
1970: Charles DeGaulle, French President, died at 79
1973: Ridor was born in Richmond, Virginia
1989: The Fall of Soviet Union begins after the dismantling of Berlin Wall
1990: Carl DuPree, Gallaudet student died when the security officers crushed and choked him
2005: Riots in French Continues for 13th night.

Care to add more?

Found this in Mom's photo album, taken in 1999.



I think I rest my case!

Cheers,

Dark Lord R-

No comments: