Monday, December 19, 2005

Me & Virginia

Yesterday in the afternoon, I failed to drag my parents to the Robins Center for a game of Collegiate Women's Basketball between Richmond Spiders and Virginia Cavaliers. That is alright, at least, I get to go by myself.

The last time I saw the Cavaliers in action was when I was in New York. They defeated Long Island 76-59 but it was such a sloppy game. At that time, they had players like Brandi Teamer and LaTonya Blue.

This time, the Cavaliers does not have Brandi Teamer and LaTonya Blue at all. What a difference! The quickness of Cavaliers' perimeter defenders were astonishing. Sharnee Zoll is so quick with ballhandling skills. In fact, Virginia roared to a 16-2 lead with 15 and half minutes left to go in the first half.

But again, the Cavaliers has only one senior. In fact, 8 out of 12 players are either Freshmen or Sophomores. After taking a 14-point lead, they squandered the lead to 4. The team regrouped to expand the lead to 10 at the half, 31-21.

In the second half, I enjoyed watching Lyndra Littles crashing the boards and taking baskets for her own. Suffice to say, Virginia Cavaliers routed Richmond Spiders, 66-45 to improve the season at 6-1.

After the game, I get to meet Tanzania Williams, the sister of Tamika Williams, a former player at Connecticut. It was good to see Coach Debbie Ryan once again. Then I finally got to meet the dynamic Sharnee Zoll and Lyndra Littles. Talked a little -- Did not realize that Sharnee Zoll has gorgeous eyes. Lyndra Littles was easy for me to lipread and follow what she has to say. Needless to say, there were pictures taken. It shall be posted one way or other.

Go Cavaliers!

Cheers,

R-

No comments: