Wednesday, March 06, 2013

No Anonymous Allowed

People, the comment section has been enabled.

Due to my experiences with the social media in the last 10 years, my tolerance for anonymous commentators are at an all-time low, mainly because of their repeated threats directed at myself and my readers who supported me from time to time. So I am making this an official policy - Anonymous commentators are not *allowed* on this blog at all.

Last night, I already got a notification that someone tried to leave a comment using the "Anonymous" with a discreet threat on me. That person assumed that I knew nothing about the law, defamation and all that shit.  That person thought I am clueless when it comes to dealing with the laws. It is obvious to me that this person has no idea on what I have been doing in the last 5 years. I filed a lawsuit. I won the court cases. I retained the attorney on various topics including blogging/vlogging in the last 5 years. I am confident enough to say one thing: I am well-versed on this matter.

So that person who tried to make a threat on me, that is quite lame thing to do. All I can say is:  Try me.

Cheers,

R-

P.S.  "Cheers" is my trademark and for you to copy my signature says one thing about you: You lack originality and creativity of your own. That is for sure.

UPDATE:  I highly recommend you to check this link where David Eberwein discussed about the anonymous comments in our communities. Here is the link to get the gist of what is going on. Thanks, Joey Baer!

5 comments:

Jarom R. Matheson said...

Many people are clueless about how to protect themselves... *Rolling my eyes*

Joey Baer said...

One old vlog regarding anonymous comments.

http://www.joeybaer.com/?p=75


Karen Mayes said...

That's why I was myself almost immediately from the beginning (I went anonymous for a short time in 2006 before I asked myself what was the point of it.) By the way, get "Testing" under "Leave your comment" removed :D

Karen Mayes said...

That's why I was myself almost immediately from the beginning (I went anonymous for a short time in 2006 before I asked myself what was the point of it.) By the way, get "Testing" under "Leave your comment" removed :D

Mikey said...

Agreed! I do not understand the folks intention to provoke and disrupt the vlog community. If you want to provoke, at least do it with dignity and be ready for rebuttal. Simple as that. This is what all intelligent people do (except for Deaf trolls and Republicans )