Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I forgot to mention something very important. I love sports.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to my alma mater (high school), Virginia (VSDB) Cardinals for winning the Championship during the Mason-Dixon tournament Girls' Volleyball tournament in Knoxville, Tennessee last weekend.

This marked the first time in 33 years that Virginia Cardinals won any tournament in any sport. Of course, the gals on the team are ecstatic. The local paper in Staunton mentioned, "Some of the girls slept in their uniforms that night. And on the trip home, the girls took turns holding the trophy all the way back. Every truck driver between Knoxville and Staunton saw the trophy. They even took it in Shoney's when they went to eat."

Up next is ... Mason-Dixon Girls Basketball Tournament -- with Mercer, Fuller, Anderson, Doss and Stickley running the show, anything can happen.

R-

No comments: