Thursday, September 17, 2020

Why Did I Create "Krona Duncan" For Myself On Facebook?


Not to brag about this but due to my well-known status in the Deaf Community, it also brought a target on myself by others who wanted to silence me on Facebook by reporting anything to Facebook to suspend me repeatedly.  

I cannot tell you how many times I got tossed in Facebook jail due to the so-called violations of Facebook's so-called Community Standards.

That led me to create a secondary account by the name of ... Krona Duncan. Krona is the only one that I have with Facebook other than Ricky Taylor. I attempted to create the third one in Mordru Taylor but Facebook prevented me from doing that. And ever since, I sticked with only two accounts. So whenever I get suspended on Ricky Taylor, I go to Krona for the time being.

Why Krona Duncan? 

Let's start with the last name. My middle name is Duncan. Duncan is one of these names that is associated with a long line of my Deaf family generations dating back to 1833. Among the names in my lineage is Norris, Poole, Taylor, Wynn, Wilkinson, Montoney and Carver.

All right, what about Krona?

Krona is a famous supervillain in DC Comics. Krona was a genius scientist on Planet Maltus billions of years ago. Krona was the one who created the machine to peek into the origins of the universe. When he did peek, his machine exploded and fractured the universe into multiverses. In addition, he also unleashed evil into the multiverses. Because of his actions, it also forced the folks on Planet Maltus to create the group known as the Guardians of the Universe trying to fix and eradicate the evil that exists in many universes. 

The Guardians punished Krona by banishing him from Planet Maltus and turned him into an energy. So that's where Krona repeatedly came back to wage the war against the Guardians repeatedly in the last 50 years. 


For a long time, I was never a fan of Krona because I find him to be corny as fuck.  I hate the fact that Krona used to be 6'8 tall despite the fact that he came from the same race that the Guardians were and yet, the Guardians are all midgets! 

That is, until Geoff Johns came along to revamp the Green Lantern mythology. He also recreated Krona as a pure bad-ass supervillain and not only that, Geoff downsized Krona's height to the same ones like the Guardians. 

Geoff also made Krona the vicious supervillain through his actions *and* his words. Geoff's ability to create the words for Krona to utter against the others is what made me in love with Krona.

Now you know why I chose Krona as my secondary name on Facebook.  

Cheers,

R-













No comments: