Monday, June 07, 2021

Let's Examine This

When I was 11 years old, I became hooked to Amethyst Maxiseries because of many reasons but one of them is Gary Cohn who wrote the maxi series.  He was able to put tough words that as 11 years old, I could not understand so I had to pull the dictionary to understand what one was being said.  

Here is an example.


Gary Cohn used these tough words such as:
  • Lesser
  • Emissaries
  • Expedient
  • Mollify
  • Appeasement
All of this happened in less than 5 panels. These 5 words I quickly pulled the dictionary and understand the words. That's what happened when you read the comic books with great authors like Gary Cohn.

Many Deaf people are not good with English, reading and writing - why? Because they simply don't read and write on their own time. As much as they would deny this, what I said is true because all you have to do is to look at their blogs, posts, tweets and vlogs to start with. So whenever a Deaf person told me that comics are for kids, that's when I knew their writing & reading skills are going to be very bad. And often I was right.

Cheers,

R-


No comments: