Thursday, June 03, 2021

A Little Journey About My Niece

 Not many people knew that my family is now connected with someone from Kyrgyzstan. 

When I told my mother that my sibling (one of her child) was impregnated not by a sperm donor but by someone from a long line of deaf family generations from Asia by way of Kyrgyzstan.  She literally froze and was surprised by that but she responded that her granddaughter is hers. That's all it matters. Of course it should be like that.

Kyrgyzstan is a landlocked country in Central Asia.  Landlocked country means what?  It means that the country has no access to the ocean or a massive body of water. Kyrgyzstan is bordered by Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, China and Kazakhstan. Long story short, that tiny country was once conquered by Genghis Khan. And that country is perhaps the only country in the world that is "far" from any ocean.

Roughly about 6.5 million inhabitants lives in that tiny country.  Bishkek is its national capitol as well as the largest city in that country.

When my sibling told me who was the father of my niece, I was surprised it was him. She warned me that he's little worried that I would be so upset about it.  Why?  I have no idea. I think it is because of my reputation - people has been telling each other on how monstrous I can be. Well, I can be a monster if I want to - only if you wronged me. But otherwise, I care less if someone impregnated my siblings, really. Frankly, it is not my problem but theirs! And of course, my siblings knew that as well. 

Years later, he and I had a chat - he told me he was afraid of me because people were telling him the stories about me ... but guess what?  I had to chuckle and told him he has nothing to be worried since my niece -- his daughter is turning out to be great ... !

Now these days, my niece is being weird with these hair dyes.  Not that it fazed me but if it makes her happy, then great for her.  If she wants one side to be pink and one side to be black, more power to her. I just hope that her other family members from Kyrgyzstan is OK with it as well.

And they should be.

Cheers,

R-



No comments: