Thursday, October 20, 2005

HEARING PROBLEMS, WE DO DO NOTHING!!

SouthPark ROCKS! I nearly died of out-of-control laughters after watching the last two episodes of SouthPark! The first episode talked about Kenny being brain dead and his parents trying to keep him alive whereas in Heaven, Satan waged a battle against the Angels who lacked the leader ... in Kenny! It was poking fun at Terri Schiavo! Priceless! Then the second episode focuses on the Global Warming which someone released the Beaver's Dam and flooded SouthPark, just like Katrina did to New Orleans. The ultimate issue was not about what happened, but to assign the blame. They decided to blame many as can be. Priceless! If I could, I'd have one massive orgy with Trey Parker and Matt Stone! Their wits made them very sexy in my book.

For the first time in ages, I finally get to watch defBef's favorite film, Hedwig and The Angry Inch. In fact, I met the actor/writer/director, John Cameron Mitchell last April 24, 2005 for his birthday party. John Cameron Mitchell is incredibly nice person. I got to chat with him for few minutes. He's extremely cool person. However, I finally understood why defBef loved John and his film. It is an unique film.

When it mentioned about the Berlin Wall -- I immediately had a flashback to my childhood era. To the time when I was 6 or 7, I noticed that the news frequently talked about the Soviet Union, Reagan Administration, Israel, Lebanon's Civil War ... the Cold War. Remember the Berlin Wall? I distinctly remembered asking my maternal grandmother, Drandma, "What's going on with them?" I pointed at the current events that talked about the Berlin Wall, the Cold War, Reagan, Gorbachev and all that shit.

My Drandma wisely said, "OH, THEIR HEARING PROBLEMS NOT OURS -- THEIR PROBLEMS! WE DO DO NOTHING -- WE KEEP OUT OF IT. WE ALWAYS GET ALONG FINE -- BUT THEY NEVER, ALWAYS ARGUE AND FIGHT. KILL EACH OTHER. NOT OUR PROBLEM. DONT WORRY ABOUT THEM, THEY DO NOT BOTHER US."

At that time, I felt bit reassured that should the Nuclear War occurs between the Soviet Union and the United States, the Deaf people would be spared by this, because we are not part of THEIR HEARING PROBLEMS! According to what my Drandma said, the logic dictated that only THEY will die, not me or my Deaf pals.

Well, I was only 6. So sue me.

Cheers,

R-

No comments: